Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Listy List

I got word today that we should be completed by the END OF THE WEEKEND. Did I just say that? I can't believe it. I am so looking forward to decorating this beautiful house, on a budget. We have begun a list of things to get .and I'm sure that will be rearranged once we are actually living in the house and seeing just what is needed first.

So here's the listy list:

  • Bathroom Mirrors - I'm not really sure if the builder is putting those in or not.
  •  Drapes and or blinds - there are a bazillion windows in the house so I'm thinking of doing the most used rooms first and then slowly getting the extra ones completed.
  •  King Sized Bed - I have to make sure it will fit but I'm fairly certain it will. The cost for this is about $2,000 to $3,000 so this will take some time but it's definitely something that is needed.
  • Headboard for the bed - I think it just makes it look more grown up, and needs to match the rest of the bedroom furniture so I may have to have it stained or do a fabric headboard.
  • Area Rugs - Living room, Master Bedroom, Playroom, Boy's Room, Downstairs Guest..adding more to vacant rooms as these areas are completed.
  • Swap out the interior doors for Shaker Style doors with 5 panels.
  • Swap out the trim for a Craftsman Style trim.
I'm trying to be as budget conscious as possible here but I'm not really sure of what to set as a budget per room.  I love antiques and finding free "junk," along the side of the road with caution, of course. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts by so very charming. All rights reserved.
Blog design by Labina Kirby.