Monday, September 22, 2014

This Week's Meal Plan: $41.69

This week's meal plan is the following:

[Note: I usually end up with a little left over for those emergency milk trips to the store, but this time there isn't so much wiggle room unless I up the budget]

Monday: Leftovers - Slap Yo Mama Vegetable Beef Soup

Tuesday: Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili 
[This recipe says it serves 10! Imagine how much you'll have with leftovers]

{I prefer to buy the cans with BPA-free lining, so these were on special, usually about $2.00 each}

  • Kidney Beans $1.38 (on sale)
  • Black Beans $1.38 (on sale)
  • 1 onion (on hand)
  • 1 8-oz can tomato sauce $1.33 (on sale, 15oz can)
  • 2 14.5-oz cans diced tomatoes $1.33 (on sale, each)
  • 1 packet taco seasoning ( I prefer to make my own)
  • 1 TBSP cumin (I was out so had to buy more, but usually on hand $4.38 (on sale)
  • 1 TBSP chili powder (on hand)
  • 3-4 chicken breasts, $ 2.99lb (weekly deal at our local Fresh Market) $5.98

_____
$15.87 which if you do 10 servings, equals $1.57 per serving.


Wednesday: Leftovers

Thursday: Leftovers

Friday: Skinny Salisbury Steak

[This will be made allergy friendly by making the boy hamburgers with the beef]

{The recipe calls for more meat than I need so I usually half the recipe as it makes 8 patties}

  • 1 1/2  tsp oil (I have olive oil on hand)
  • 3/4 cup onions, minced (on hand)
  • 1 lbs 93% lean ground beef 
  • 1 lb lbs 93% lean ground turkey 
  • (I will buy 1.5lbs lean ground beef at The Fresh Market, $5.99lb, making it $8.98)
  • 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs (I prefer the Ian's brand but bought another brand of panko) $2.48
  • 1 large egg (I have eggs on hand as I eat one every morning but I bought extra, $2.78
  • 1 large egg white
  • 2 cups beef broth $1.05
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/8 tsp ground black pepper, to taste $2.98 (sale)
  • 8 oz sliced mushrooms(i don't like mushrooms)
  • 2 tbsp all-purpose flour (on hand)
  • 2 tbsp tomato paste (from previous recipe)
  • 1 tsp red wine vinegar (on hand)
  • 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce, to taste (on hand)
  • 1/2 tsp mustard powder (amazingly on hand)
  • 1/4 cup water
  • chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
 _____
$18.27 for 4 servings with 1.5lbs of ground beef

$4.56 per person

Saturday: Crock Pot Chicken (recipe calls for hot sauce but I've yet to find one dealing with the boy's allergies)
 {Serves 6}
  • 24 oz boneless skinless chicken breast $5.98
  • 1 celery stalk (naturally you can't just buy one, $1.57
  • 1/2 onion, diced (on hand and will use up my last onion)
  • 1 clove garlic (on hand, I cheat with the already minced stuff)
  • 16 oz fat free low sodium chicken broth (on hand, I buy it often)
  • 1/2 cup hot cayenne pepper sauce (I used Frank's) No sauce
_____

$7.55 for 6 at $1.25 per serving


Grand Total: $41.69 (w/o tax)

My budget is $75.00 but this week I've gone over a bit. This trip ended up being a total of $70.28 and I've yet to purchase my meat at The Fresh Market, will be about $22.00 with taxes. So I've spent $92.28 this week. Fail but at the same time stocked up on a few things that were on sale too.  Also, every day for lunch I eat a sandwich with Boar's Head deli meat. They are safe for the boy and are costly, usually $9.99lb; on low carb bread. We have fresh broccoli left over from last week, and beans I bought on sale this week at 4/$5. Look at your store's circular, plan from there.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts by so very charming. All rights reserved.
Blog design by Labina Kirby.