Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Our New Home

Our new home is well on the way and my heart couldn't be more full. I am so thankful that it is almost half way complete and I am looking forward to many many happy years on our future little farm. I am often finding myself hesitant to post photos of my home for fear it will cause others to fall; by that I mean jealousy. I do not want to stir that inside someone else but I want to share what being faithful to the Lord has done for us. What saving has done and making smart decisions. Ryan and I both grew up in low-middle class family. His mother, a teacher, and his father a chef. My father is still self-employed and my mother worked full time too. Of course we had everything we needed and I would never consider us poor, although I remember my mother asking me often if we were. I always answered, no!

If i had been smarter I would have saved more in the beginning of our marriage. My, how much we would have put away and I was working then too. Well I still work now, home keeping is after all, a full-time job that I adore more than anything.



  
I am looking forward to many mornings on our wrap-around porch, taking in the view and drinking coffee with my wonderful husband, dogs laying, happily exhausted ( hopefully!) at our feet. Allowing me to bring more dogs in - my heart is set on adopting older and special needs dogs. I will have plenty of room.  My boy having fresh air and open skies to create little-boy adventures on with his cousins. My desire to fill this place with children and animals. 

Did I mention I'm saving up for a mini-van? Completely in cash. With watching our now small budget, yet being completely fulfilled with all that we need, I can do it!

1 comment:

  1. It looks amazing. We're hoping to move next year (I'll tell you more in my next letter).

    Anne.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts by so very charming. All rights reserved.
Blog design by Labina Kirby.