Sunday, February 9, 2014

Updates

As much as I am looking forward to moving into our new house there are things that have me concerned. Am I going to really like my master bathroom? Will I want to change the layout? Will I be disappointed with the tile and paint I've chosen? There are so many decisions to make when building a house and then you have to factor in budget which honestly controls most of your decision making ability. The things I wanted, I can't quite afford, if I'd like the rest of the house. However there are many years ahead of me to make it what I want. We forget it's a process. We want things now. I know I'm guilty of it. If I want to change it I have to make the commitment to save up and then live through any remodeling.


What do you do when your son needs an allergy friendly birthday cake for his upcoming second birthday? You scour Pinterest, allergy friendly sites and then maybe make up something yourself. I have such a hard time giving him certain foods. I try to buy things that are whole, meaning nothing processed. The trouble is to make things allergy-friendly they're mostly processed unless you make your own and at this point I don't have the space to attempt such a feat - almond milk + is our saving grace to keep this boy stocked with extra protein since dairy is no longer an option. He is wheat, egg, and dairy free. These are his main allergies. Others are chicken, soy, peanuts, and not life-threatening, but uncomfortable on his digestive system.  Perhaps my husband will walk into a disaster filled kitchen this week.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessica! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting, it was nice to hear from you! Can't believe your boy is coming up to two...crazy! Yes, I will try and do a pregnancy update soon. And congratulations on building your house, that is so exciting! You will have to post pictures as things progress :)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts by so very charming. All rights reserved.
Blog design by Labina Kirby.